Sunday, July 6, 2014

Goodbye to a friend and a part of us all

Garden Friend
I accidently crushed one of my garden geckos this morning as I moved my smoker wood box across the deck. She fell through the planks so I did not have to watch her die. I am sure her wounds were fatal.  I felt really bad...really bad still. Some things change as you grow old. A greater appreciation for life, the whole of life, I think is one of those changes. At some point you can no longer deny that all life is intimately connected and we are all pretty much in the same boat. We want to believe that mankind can alter Nature without negative consequences for us and for all life but it eventually becomes evident that is simply not true. Interconnected from star dust to prairie dust you cannot change a part without changing the whole. Tread gently on your earth journey so that when you reach your exodus you can leave content and perhaps someday be asked to return.

No comments:

Post a Comment