Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2014 at last!

2014 at last! I thought it would never get here. There have not been many years that I wanted to say good riddance to but 2013 was certainly one of them. Being a bit superstitious about the number thirteen I thought perhaps that was part of the problem with the year past but like wine ranking maybe it was just a bad year. Whatever the cause for the downside I welcome the opportunity for a fresh start.

It wasn't all bad. I made new friends and old friendships grew stronger. Those will be carried forward to the new year along with all the lessons learned from both disappointments and successes. Thanks to all those that taught me something last year even if it was what not to do. Special thanks to those that added to my new knowledge, new interests, new adventures and new stories. I love stories and storytellers...the spice of life. Hopefully for you and for me this new year will be full of stories of success and happiness. Happy New Year to you, everyone!


3 comments:

  1. Happy New Year eangler (aka dad)! 2013 was a marathon, preparing you for a rewarding 2014. 1313 is your lucky number, so I have a feeling 2013 was actually a great year for you - you retired! I am so excited that you will be telling more of your stories. We all remember stories. I agree, they are the spice of life. Can't wait to hear about all the adventures and celebrations in your new chapter and to be a very special part of that. Thanks for being such a wonderful dad and for teaching your kids the importance of working hard. I love you! Happy 2014!!! It's going to be epic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found you. This is pretty cool. Trying to figure out if I can use it with Jaws and get myself a blog. Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Talking to fish eh? Well, I guess being retired allows you to be nuttier than usual...
    Thanks for having us man, really enjoyed talking with you, wish we could do it more often.
    One thing I meant to mention to you were a couple of podcasts I think you'd be interested in. Not sure if you've gotten into the podcast thing yet, but there is an app out there for iPad called Downcast I highly reccomend.
    There is a podcast called Radio Lab from NYC that explores a wide range of issues, mostly of the scientific variety, but they really have no limits, and it is the best produced audio broadcast I've ever heard.
    It reminds me of something Richard Fineman said:
    "Nearly everything is really interesting if you go into it deeply enough."
    If you need any help getting that going, shoot me an email:
    blindAdrenaline@gmail.com
    Happy new year man.
    Che

    ReplyDelete