Sunday, June 24, 2012

Dream trip

The past few days I've been fortunate to have experienced some extra-ordinary fly fishing for bass in  two separate lakes. The first I described in my last post. Today I was invited by friends to fish a private lake south of my home that was rumored to contain an abundance of large bass. This turned out to be a professed understatement and I have the sore arms to prove it. High air pressure and blue bird skies are usually a detriment to successful fishing this time of year but not today. Just about everything from deer hair popping bugs to rabbit hair flies to a dicy concoction its creator calls a Christmas Clouser caught quality bass in abundance. Some large bluegill were also reported to have fallen victim to fur and feather. Bass were caught on top, deep along creek channels and shallow against the shoreline where bass were frequently seen leaping from the water in pursuit of big juicy darting dragonflies. Leaders were stretched and some broken and fly rods put to the test again and again. Much thanks to the friends that included me in this outing and the landowner that allowed it. It was a dream like trip and one I will not soon forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment