Sunday, April 22, 2012

Yard work is done...

Yard work is done. The rest of the day is devoted to packing for my trip to the Mountain Fork River nestled in the Kiamichi country of southeastern Oklahoma. Below the Broken Bow reservoir is several miles of year round trout fishing, above the game is smallmouth, sand bass, and walleye. This trip I will be paying the trout a visit. The deep rocky river canyons are dotted with pine and hardwoods that sport brilliant colors in the fall and lush green in the spring...a beautiful place to converse with the fish. Once I've packed and double checked my list I plan to set down at my vise and spin some Oklahoma trout magic with fur and feather and fish talk. Preparing for a trip is a big part of the pleasure and the excitement. Wish me luck and good conversation with the Sooner trout.

No comments:

Post a Comment